This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies.  Find out more here.

Product Information

  1. When does my coverage begin? When does it end?

    Trip Travel, Young Traveller, Long Stay: Cancellation cover will start with immediate effect upon purchase of the policy, with all other benefits starting upon commencement of the trip. Most policy benefits will expire upon completion of the trip.

    Year Round: Cancellation cover will begin from the chosen policy start date (no more than 3 months after the purchase date), with all other policy benefits starting upon commencement of the trip. Most policy benefits will cease 365 days after the policy start date.

  2. What happens if I’m the victim of a terrorist attack whilst abroad?

    Our policy provides cover under the emergency medical and other expenses, hospital benefit and personal accident sections in the unfortunate event of a terrorist act. Claims associated with terrorism under any other section of the policy are excluded.

  3. Do you offer cover if I am pregnant??

    Our policies provide cover for unforeseen injury, illness, disease or complications as a direct result of pregnancy.

  4. Does my policy cover repatriation?

    Yes, repatriation cover is provided as part of the emergency medical and other expenses section of the policy. In the event that you need to be repatriated, contact must be made with our assistance providers in order to approve this and make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

  5. Will we be covered if we travel independently on our Year Round policy?

    Our Year Round policies allow all named insured persons to be covered when travelling independently of each other.

  6. Can I purchase a policy for my child only?

    Yes, cover can be purchased for child only policies.

  7. Can my grandchildren be insured on my policy?

    We allow grandparents and grandchildren to be covered under the same policy using the definition of family cover.

  8. What country should I select if I’m going on a cruise?

    Please refer to the geographical area definition detailed in the policy wording, if you are travelling to a destination not listed under Europe you must choose the appropriate worldwide destination as specified in our terms and conditions.

  9. Do you have any age limits?

    Our policies have age restrictions applicable, please refer to the policy wordings for clarification of our age limits.

  10. Can you arrange travel insurance for someone who is not travelling from the UK?

    Our policies are available to you if you are permanently resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or BFPO address and have been for the past six months prior to the date of issue, and registered with a medical practitioner in the United Kingdom. Trips must commence and end in your country of residence.

  11. I'm travelling in more than one country during my trip, can I still get a policy?

    Our policies have no limitation to the number of countries you can travel to, providing you have paid for the correct geographical area.

  12. I have a couple Year Round policy - will my partner and I still be covered if we go on separate holidays?

    Our Year Round policies allow all named insured persons to be insured when travelling independently of each other.

  13. I have a family Year Round policy - will my children be covered if they go on a holiday with their school?

    Our Year Round policies allow all named insured persons to be insured when travelling independently of each other.

  14. I have a current policy which lapses two days before the end of my trip. When should my new policy start?

    We will provide you with your policy expiry notification in good time (normally 21 days). This will allow you to purchase a new policy to commence from the expiry date of your existing cover. This must be arranged prior to travel for cover to continue.

  15. Can I be covered whilst working during my trip?

    Our policies cover non-manual work including bars, restaurants and other non-hazardous work (e.g. office and managerial work).

For further help in reading this website a text to voice tool can be obtained here

Latest News:

From the 1st January 2021, Citybond Suretravel includes enhanced Covid-19 cover. This cover includes; Cover if you need to cancel you trip due to you or anyone named on your policy testing positive for Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to travel and Cover for medical expenses and repatriation due to contracting Covid-19 whilst abroad.

Please be aware - There is no cover on any of our policies if you travel against the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice, local government or local authority advice of the country you are travelling to or from, or World Health Organisation (WHO) advice or medical advice

FREE Newsletter!

Our newsletter is packed full of travel inspiration, news and latest offers and receive 10% off!

You can unsubscribe easily at any time.

Citybond Suretravel is a trading name of Travel Insurance Facilities Plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 306537. Company registered in England and Wales No. 03220410, Registered Office: 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. All rights reserved.