- What type of medical condition do I need to declare?
Please refer to the important conditions relating to health detailed within the policy wording.
- I have an existing medical condition; can I still have cover under this policy?
Cover may still be offered but this is subject to you declaring your medical condition/s through our screening service Healthcheck247. This can be integrated within your quotation or please visit www.Healthcheck247.com and follow the simple online instructions.
- A member of my family (not travelling) has an existing medical condition; am I covered to cancel or return home?
Subject to certain policy terms and conditions, cover may be provided. Please refer to the important conditions relating to health detailed within the policy wording.
- My doctor told me that it would be unwise to travel abroad. Does this invalidate my policy?
Unfortunately, our policy will not cover you if you travel against medical advice. If you are unable to travel then you may be entitled to submit a claim for cancellation.
- A member of my family or travelling party has an existing medical condition; can they still have cover under this policy?
All insured persons with existing medical conditions must declare their condition(s) through our medical screening service Healthcheck247.
- I am currently under a course of treatment with my GP. Should I declare this to the insurance company?
Yes, you should contact our screening department Healthcheck247 to advise them of your medical condition(s).
- What is the European Health Insurance card (EHIC)?
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles United Kingdom residents access to necessary state–provided medical treatment, during a temporary visit in the European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland - at a reduced cost or free of charge. Please click here to apply.
Dept of Health Guide to Using your EHIC Anywhere : Read more..
- What are the benefits of using the EHIC?
Use of the EHIC removes the policy excess in the event of requiring medical assistance abroad or when submitting a medical expenses claim, where valid. The EHIC also entitles access to necessary state–provided medical treatment at a reduced cost or free of charge. Please click here to apply.
For further help in reading this website a text to voice tool can be obtained here
From the 1st January 2021, Citybond Suretravel includes enhanced Covid-19 cover. This cover includes; Cover if you need to cancel you trip due to you or anyone named on your policy testing positive for Covid-19 in the 14 days prior to travel and Cover for medical expenses and repatriation due to contracting Covid-19 whilst abroad.
Please be aware - There is no cover on any of our policies if you travel against the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice, local government or local authority advice of the country you are travelling to or from, or World Health Organisation (WHO) advice or medical advice
Citybond Suretravel is a trading name of Travel Insurance Facilities Plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 306537.
Company registered in England and Wales No. 03220410, Registered Office: 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. All rights reserved.